A few days ago I received an email from someone saying that dropping body fat and weight comes down to calories in/calories out. From a superficial physiological standpoint it makes sense. Your body needs a certain number of calories to main its weight. If you go under it then the weight will drop.
However, there are a whole host of changes that your body makes when you drop calories including metabolic shifts, hormonal shifts and others. The body fights to maintain a “set” point that has been established and will change physiological processes in order to keep that set point.
So how do you drop body fat?
6 Tips for Burning Body Fat Quickly (In order of importance.)
1. Eliminate all simple sugars from your diet. Yes this includes fruit sugar. You need to keep your blood sugar levels even so that your body doesn’t dump the excess sugar into fat storage.
2. Eat things in their original package only. “Original package” means things closest to how they are normally found. Think nuts, seeds, vegis, meat, etc. The further things are processed the more difficult it will be to stay lean.
3. Increase lean muscle mass. There is a ton of research that shows a correlation between increase in lean muscle mass and lower body fat levels. And this isn’t just because someone working out will burn the fat.
4. Increase meal frequency. I know that there is a lot of controversy around this subject but from all of my research I have found that eating 5-6 smaller meals each day is the most effective for fat loss.
5. Increase water consumption. What?! How could water be important for fat loss? The simple answer is that when you are well hydrated your body systems can function properly. There are systems in the body such as fat metabolism by the liver that function more effectively when you are well hydrated. Here is a deeper look into why water if important for fat loss.
6. Decrease total calories. Of course, dropping total calories will help you drop fat. The reason that I put it in the bottom of the list is because it is not THE most important. If you JUST drop total calories and not change any of the above you will not see results unless you were to drop calories significantly and in an unhealthy way. Once you apply the above steps than you can play around a bit with your total calories and begin to drop that number a bit.
What do you think? Are there any other methods that you have found helpful for dropping body fat?
P.S. If you’d like to burn body fat in as little as 9 minutes a day check out this amazing DISCOUNT of 25% OFF